[Python-Dev] Community buildbots (was Re: User's complaints)

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Jul 14 07:45:24 CEST 2006

Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> It feels like the release cycle from alpha1 to final has gotten increasingly
> rushed.

python 2.2: ~5 months
python 2.3: ~7 months
python 2.4: ~5 months
python 2.5: ~4 months

I think the biggest problem is the time between "basically stable beta"
and "final"; it was ~90 days in 2.3 and is now ~50 days, most of which
is vacation time in my part of the world.

we could extend the beta period by playing silly games with naming, but
as long as the "big things" go in *before* the beta period starts, I
think it's easier to simply extend the beta period by adding another
month to it.

I'd prefer something like 90 days.

</F>