[Python-Dev] Community buildbots

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Jul 13 23:06:04 CEST 2006

On 7/13/06, Giovanni Bajo <rasky at develer.com> wrote:
> I think python should have a couple more of future imports. "from __future__
> import new_classes" and "from __future__ import unicode_literals" would be
> really welcome, and would smooth the Py3k migration process

Along similar lines as glyph, after complaining about this for a long
time "offline" with my friends, I decided it's probably a good idea to
get involved and vote that the __future__ import for unicode_literals
be implemented. python -U is a failure for obvious reasons and a
__future__ import is clearly better.

Does anyone want to pair on this?

--
Christopher Armstrong