[Python-Dev] User's complaints

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Thu Jul 13 03:34:48 CEST 2006

On 7/12/06, Armin Rigo <arigo at tunes.org> wrote:
> I guess I'm going to side with Greg Black on his blog entry.

I seem to recall that that particular one wass *not* an accidental
bug. I believe I fell over exactly the problem that Greg Black
complained about (or almost the same; maybe my problem was setting the
month and day to zero and formatting only the time :-) and tried to
convince the author to change it; but was told that the new behavior
was never documented and that the new behavior was somehow better; and
I didn't fight it further then. Do I remember this correctly? Does
anybody else recall?