[Python-Dev] Minor: Unix icons for 2.5?

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 23:39:33 CEST 2006

> I know the .desktop files have become fairly standard, but are these our
> responsibility or does that rest with the distributions/integrators?  (I'm
> not objecting, but I'm not sure what the right thing really is since Python
> is an interpreter, not a desktop application.)

The same anal argument could of course be made for every piece of
software. Is Emacs a desktop application or a lisp interpreter? Is vim
a desktop app? Are games? There is no reason add yet another task to
to multiple distributors/integrators (that they won't do) when the
problem can be fixed at the source.

--
mvh Björn