[Python-Dev] Explicit Lexical Scoping (pre-PEP?)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 11:44:36 CEST 2006

Fuzzyman wrote:
> I've often found it a nuisance that you can't instantiate an 'object',
> to use as a mutable 'namespace', but instead have to define an arbitrary
> empty class.
>
> What happened to the 'namespace' proposal ?

The code and the pre-PEP [1] are still out there, but Carlos, Steve and I all
got distracted by other things. It really needs to go back to c.l.p to thrash
out some of the name collision prblems (e.g. should *all* access to methods,
even special methods, be via type(x)?).

Cheers,
Nick.

[1] http://namespace.python-hosting.com/wiki/NamespacePep