[Python-Dev] Unary minus bug

Neil Schemenauer nas at arctrix.com
Mon Jul 10 00:18:36 CEST 2006

On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 03:02:06PM -0700, Neal Norwitz wrote:
> Do we care about this (after your checkin and with my fix to make
> 32-63 bit values ints rather than longs):
>
> # 64 bit box
> '-9223372036854775808'
> -9223372036854775808
> -9223372036854775808L

I don't think we care.  Python <= 2.4 has the same behavior (i.e.
adding parens defeats the constant folding since it's done at the
syntax tree level).

Where's your fix regarding 32-63 bit ints?  I'm not familiar with
that issue but my recent check-in appears to have broke the 64-bit
buildbots.  If no one can explain what's going on there then I guess
I will have to find a login on a 64-bit machine at debug it myself.

  Neil