[Python-Dev] ImportWarning flood

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Sat Jul 1 17:09:25 CEST 2006

Anthony Baxter wrote:
> On Saturday 01 July 2006 12:55, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>> It's up to the release manager now to decide whether the pitchforks
>> at Google or the pitchforks in the larger Python community are
>> sharper. ;-)
>
> At this point, I think removing the warning code is the prudent
> course. If someone wanted to find an easy and safe way to make it
> only be triggered when the import fails, it could stay in.

I created a patch (#1515361) intended to do just that.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1515361&group_id=5470&atid=305470

Unfortunately, something appears to be misconfigured in my ISP's mail
server, and as a result, my messages aren't making it to this list.  So
you may not have noticed Guido's re-posting of my message announcing the
patch.

Shane