[Python-Dev] ImportWarning flood

Sergey A. Lipnevich sergey at optimaltec.com
Sat Jul 1 20:10:42 CEST 2006

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:
>> I tried to implement Jean-Paul Calderone's idea for the following patch,
>> plagiarizing Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve's error text. It delays import
> Please notice that there is also python.org/sf/1515361
>
> I had no time to compare this with your patch, yet.

Thanks! I made python.org/sf/1515609. The difference (also documented in
the description) is that my patch saves memory and some CPU cycles by
not trying to collect all directories Python did not import because of
missing __init__.py. It only reports how many such directories there are
and what is the first one.

Sergey.