[Python-Dev] Compiler warnings

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Tue Jan 31 21:42:57 CET 2006

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 09:04:39PM +0100, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
> Thomas Wouters wrote:
> > All in all, it seems like a timing issue -- the timing is different because
> > the previous test already imported some modules. The test_logging test uses
> > threads, *ugh*. I tried adding a few Event-waits and time.sleep()'s at
> > strategic places, but it doesn't seem to matter. Regardless of my
> > pinpointing efforts, much more than just the last line is sometimes missing,
> > though:

> Can you create a truss/strace dump of a failed run (I tried, but it
> always succeeded for me when run under strace).

Nope, they always succeed when run under strace. I haven't been able to
capture the supposedly-TCP traffic either, not even when binding and
connecting to my actual IP address. I wonder if glibc is doing trickery
because it sees both endpoints of the socket are in the same process.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>