[Python-Dev] The path module PEP

Eric Nieuwland eric.nieuwland at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 24 22:18:52 CET 2006

Good stuff. Some suggestions:

>         def joinpath(self, *args): ...
I suggest append() or extend() as join*() sort of suggest join() as
provided by strings, which does something quite different

>         def splitall(self): ...
and this may renamed split(), as it is quite similar to split() as
provided by strings

>         # Properties about the path.
>         parent, name, namebase, ext, drive, uncshare[1]
so we can drop basename(), dirname(), splitdrive(), and splitext()

>         def dirs(self, pattern = None): ...
>         def files(self, pattern = None): ...
can we add others()? (sockets, pipes, block and character devices)

--eric