[Python-Dev] New Pythondoc by effbot

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sun Jan 22 20:50:31 CET 2006

Guido wrote:

> Have you studied wikipedia's approach? It's multi-layered and worth
> learning from (start with their FAQ on editing).
>
> (And by the way, I am *not* advocating writing the docs as one big
> wikipedia -- only the user commentary.)

to clarify, I'm advocating maintaining the docs via a restricted wiki-like
system, and using a blog-style discussion board or a wiki to collect non-
specific user commentary.

but it's the combination that really interests me: the ability for users to
propose specific corrections (as patches, at least under the cover), and
for volunteers to apply such patches with a minimum of effort.

more later.

</F>