[Python-Dev] Python icon

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 15:50:57 CET 2006

skip at pobox.com wrote:
>     Georg> Interesting, didn't even know a new page was in the making...  Do
>     Georg> you know who is responsible for the new page?
>
> Tim Parkin is heading things up.  Look here:
>
>     http://beta.python.org/

I like the look of the new page, but it took a bit of digging to find anything
about *how* it has been developed, or what needs to be done before the main
URL can be switched to the new page (e.g. integrating the documentation
properly). While it's in beta having that info prominent on the home page
might be a good idea. Something like:

  "This is a beta of the redesigned www.python.org. If you have specific
suggestions or display problems, submit them to the tracker <here>. General
questions or comments should be posted to comp.lang.python"

I thought for a moment that this week's python-url was going to help me out,
but it only linked the beta site without actually linking to any of the
discussion it referenced in the relevant blurb. . .

Appropriate enlightenment was eventually attained through Google:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2006-January/319862.html

Cheers,
Nick.