[Python-Dev] Dropping support for Win9x in 2.6

martin at v.loewis.de martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Feb 25 14:22:35 CET 2006

Zitat von Trent Mick <trentm at ActiveState.com>:

> Are there specific code areas in mind that would be ripped out for this
> or is this mainly to avoid having to test on and ensure new code is
> compatible with?

Primarily the non-W versions of the file system API. I think the
W9x popen support could also go away.

I don't think any testing happens for W9x; I (atleast) can't
test it myself (I installed a Windows 95 system to test the 2.4
installer, but had to give up the machine shortly after that).

Regards,
Martin