[Python-Dev] buildbot vs. Windows

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Feb 21 23:00:08 CET 2006

skip at pobox.com wrote:
> Now that you've broken the buildbot page into two (trunk and 2.4) I assume
> breaking it down even further wouldn't be a major undertaking.  If we can
> recruit a suitable number of boxes I see no particular reason you can't
> support a 2x, 4x, 8x or more increase in the number of buildbot slaves.

Let me explain the procedure for breaking it down, then:

- there are builder objects in buildbot, each displayed as a single
  lane.

- each builder now gets a "category" attribute; currently, the
  categories are "trunk" and "2.4".

- for each page, there is an instance of the Waterfall object,
  constructed with the list of categories to display. Each Waterfall
  gets its own port number (currently 9010, 9011, and 9012).

- There are reverse proxy rules in Apache's httpd.conf, each page
  requiring 2 lines (giving currently 6 lines of Apache configuration).

So for multiplying this by 8, I would have to create 48 lines of
Apache configuration, and use 24 TCP ports. This can be done, but
it would take some time to implement. And who is going to look
at the 24 pages?

Regards,
Martin