[Python-Dev] PEP for Better Control of Nested Lexical Scopes

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Tue Feb 21 19:47:04 CET 2006

Almann T. Goo <almann.goo at gmail.com> wrote:

>> 1.  Adding a keyword such as "use" that would follow similar semantics as
"
>> global" does today.  A nested scope could declare names with this keyword
>> to enable assignment to such names to change the closest parent's
binding.

+0, and I like "outer". I like the idea, but I grepped several Python
programs I wrote, and found out that I used the list trick many times, but
almost always in quick-hack code in unittests. I wasn't able to find a
single instance of this in real code I wrote, so I can't really be +1.
--
Giovanni Bajo