[Python-Dev] The decorator(s) module

Alex Martelli aleaxit at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 16:24:41 CET 2006

On Feb 18, 2006, at 12:38 AM, Georg Brandl wrote:

> Guido van Rossum wrote:
>> WFM. Patch anyone?
>
> Done.
> http://python.org/sf/1434038

I reviewed the patch and added a comment on it,  but since the point
may be controversial I had better air it here for discussion: in 2.4,
property(fset=acallable) does work (maybe silly, but it does make a
write-only property) -- with the patch as given, it would stop
working (due to attempts to get __doc__ from the None value of fget);
I think we should ensure it keeps working (and add a unit test to
that effect).

Alex