[Python-Dev] Stackless Python sprint at PyCon 2006

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 20:48:55 CET 2006

Hi,

During the sprint period after PyCon, we are planning on sprinting to bring
Stackless up to date and to make it more current and approachable.  A key
part of this is porting it and the recently completed 64 bit changes that
have been made to it to the latest version of Python.  At the end of the
sprint we hope to have up to date working 32 and 64 bit versions.

If anyone on this list who is attending PyCon, has some time to spare during
the sprint period and an interest in perhaps getting more familiar with
Stackless, you would be more than welcome in joining us to help out.
Familiarity with the Python source code and its workings would be a great
help in the work we hope to get done.  Especially participants with an
interest in ensuring and testing that the porting done works on other
platforms than those we will be developing on (Windows XP and Windows XP x64
edition).

Obviously being the most familiar with the Stackless Python source code,
Christian Tismer has kindly offered us guidance by acting as the coach for
the sprint, taking time away from the PyPy sprint.

In any case, if you have any questions, or are interested, please feel free
to reply, whether here, to this email address or to richard at ccpgames.com.

Thanks,

Richard Tew
Senior Programmer
CCP Games

You can read more about the sprint and the scheduled talk about how
Stackless is used in the massively multiplayer game EVE Online we make, at
PyCon at the folloing URL:
http://www.stackless.com/Members/rmtew/pycon2006

And don't forget the Stackless website :)
http://www.stackless.com/