[Python-Dev] Off-topic: www.python.org

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Feb 16 01:55:48 CET 2006

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006, Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> Tim Parkin wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>
> no, you're not qualified.  yet, someone gave you total control over the
> future of python.org, and there's no way to make you give it up, despite
> the fact that you're over a year late and the stuff you've delivered this
> far is massively underwhelming.  that's the problem.

In all fairness to Tim (and despite the fact that emotionally I agree
with you), the fact is that there had been essentially no forward motion
on www.python.org redesign until he went to work.  Even if we end up
chucking out all his work in favor of something else, I'll consider the
PSF's money well-spent for bringing the community energy into it.

"19. A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming,
is not worth knowing."  --Alan Perlis