[Python-Dev] http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel still available

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 06:04:48 CET 2006

On 2/14/06, Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at acm.org> wrote:

> Releases generally aren't a problem, since they're heavily automated and
> scheduled well in advance.  I'm glad to continue helping with that,
> especially since that seems to be about all I can get to sometimes.

Great, I updated the PEP.

> Documentation build errors should probably be separated from leak detection
> reports.  I don't know what it would take to get them separated.

Yup, they already are AFAICT.  I will activate the 2.4 doc builds to
send failures to python-checkins unless someone has a better idea.
These should be very rare.  The destination is controlled by
FAILURE_MAILTO in Misc/build.sh.

> The general question of where the development docs should show up remains.
[4 options sliced]

Agreed, I don't have a strong opinion either.  There should definitely
only be one place to look though.  That should make things easier.
What do others think?

> My own inclination is that if we continue to use docs.python.org, it should
> contain only one copy of the documentation, and that should be for the most
> recent "stable" release (though perhaps an updated version of the
> documentation).

+1