[Python-Dev] Let's just *keep* lambda

Jiwon Seo seojiwon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 02:22:31 CET 2006

> On 2/8/06, Patrick Collison <patrick at collison.ie> wrote:
> > And to think that people thought that keeping "lambda", but changing
> > the name, would avoid all the heated discussion... :-)
>
> Note that I'm not participating in any attempts to "improve" lambda.

Then, is there any chance anonymous function - or closure - is
supported in python 3.0 ? Or at least have a discussion about it?

(IMHO, closure is very handy for function like map, sort etc. And
having to write a function for multiple statement is kind of good in
that function name explains what it does. However, I sometimes feel
that having no name at all is clearer. Also, having to define a
function when it'll be used only once seemed inappropriate sometimes.)

or is there already discussion about it (and closed)?

-Jiwon

-Jiwon