[Python-Dev] Help on choosing a PEP to volunteer on it : 308, 328 or 343

Joao Macaiba joao.macaiba at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 22:31:27 CET 2006

Hi. I'm interested in doing an undergraduate project under some Python
core PEP.

I'm newbie to Python core. Program in C/C++.

I've downloaded the sources with svn and now I'm studying it.

There are 3 PEP accepted :

. 308 : Conditional Expressions

. 328 : Imports: Multi-Line and Absolute/Relative

. 343 : The "with" Statement

I've some questions :

1. For a newbie in the Python core development, what is the best PEP to
begin with ?

2. PEP's "owner" is the one who submitted the proposal or the one who is
working on it;

3. How do we know what are the developers working on the PEP ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Joao Macaiba (wavefunction).