[Python-Dev] release plan for 2.5 ?

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 04:03:11 CET 2006

On 2/7/06, Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:

> > what's the current release plan for Python 2.5, btw?  I cannot find a
> > relevant PEP, and the "what's new" says "late 2005":
> >
> but I don't think that anyone followed up on this.  what's the current
> status ?

Guido and I had a brief discussion about this.  IIRC, he was thinking
alpha around March and release around summer.  I think this is
aggressive with all the things still to do.  We really need to get the
ssize_t branch integrated.

There are a bunch of PEPs that have been accepted (or close), but not
implemented.  I think these include (please correct me, so we can get
a good list):

 http://www.python.org/peps/

 SA  308  Conditional Expressions
 SA  328  Imports: Multi-Line and Absolute/Relative
 SA  342  Coroutines via Enhanced Generators
 S   343  The "with" Statement
 S   353  Using ssize_t as the index type

This one should be marked as final I believe:

  SA  341  Unifying try-except and try-finally