[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r53110 - python/trunk/Lib/mailbox.py

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Sat Dec 23 07:59:08 CET 2006

On Thursday 21 December 2006 15:23, Martin v. Löwis wrote:
 > Now it seem that introducing them has the unfortunate side effect
 > that people think they *have* to use them, and that doing so gives
 > better code...

Speaking strictly for myself:  I don't think I *have* to use them, but I do
prefer to use them because I don't like magic constants that affect what a
function does in code; I'd rather have a named constant for readability's
sake.  Maybe I just can't keep enough in my head, but I don't find I actually
use seek() enough to remember what the numeric values mean with checking the
reference documentation.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.   <fdrake at acm.org>