[Python-Dev] Listing of PEP 328 status and possible minor oversight

Thomas Wouters thomas at python.org
Wed Dec 20 21:17:32 CET 2006

On 12/20/06, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:

> I just noticed that PEP 328 (relative imports) is listed as an accepted
> PEP, but not completed.  Is this because there is still things to do for
> 2.6 and 2.7?  Or did someone just forget to move it to the completed PEPs
> section of the PEP index?  If it is the former then PEP 362 will need to be
> moved.

There was some minor finagling about the wording of the PEP, I think, that I
was still supposed to do. Some explanation of common practices, maybe; the
python-dev archives might have it. I could never get it into the PEP the
right way, the end result was never that big a change (and a bit awkward
with the rest.)

I also noticed that there is no mention of removing import redirection to a
> top-level module by having None in sys.modules.  Was this for
> backwards-compatibility issues, or was it just not thought of?

I don't think I've ever heard of that idea. I don't know what 'import
redirection' is either. But maybe it was one of those things that were still
supposed to go into PEP 328.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org>

spread!