[Python-Dev] Looking for new Python-Dev Summarizers

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 07:10:47 CET 2006

It's been my pleasure to write the Python-Dev Summaries for the last
year and a half -- 40 summaries all told, 8 of those with Tim Lesher
and 23 with Tony Meyer. It's really been an incredible learning
experience, both in how the Python development process works, and in
how Python as a community interacts.

As I'm now coming up on the last semester of so of my Ph.D., I need to
make some more time to get research done, and so I'm looking to retire
from the summaries. Hence, I'm soliciting for a good replacement (or a
few) who would be willing to pick up the job.

The job takes a few hours about once every two weeks. I have scripts
to automate most of the grunt work (e.g. collecting the threads from
mail.python.org and laying out the summary as necessary for the
website), so the job is pretty much just writing a ReST-formatted
paragraph or two on each topic.

If you've been reading Python-Dev for a while, and you'd like to get
involved, this is a great place to start - I can guarantee you'll
learn a lot from it.  Please drop me an email if you're interested!

Thanks,

Steve
        --- Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy