[Python-Dev] Polling with Pending Calls?

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Mon Dec 4 19:44:44 CET 2006

At 6:07 PM +0000 12/4/06, Gustavo Carneiro wrote:
>This patch may interest you:
><http://www.python.org/sf/1564547>http://www.python.org/sf/1564547
>
>Not sure it completely solves your case, but it's at least close to
>your problem.

I don't think that patch is useful in this case.  This case is not stuck in
some extension module's poll() call.  The signal handler is not Python's
nor is it under my control (so no chance that it would look at some new
pipe), though the rpmlib Python bindings can look at the state bits it
sets.  The Python interpreter is running full-bore when the secret rpmlib
SIGINT state is needed.  I think the patch is for the exact /opposite/ of
my problem.