[Python-Dev] uuid tests failing on Windows

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Aug 17 23:58:27 CEST 2006

glyph at divmod.com schrieb:
>>> Patch #1541863 supposedly solves this.
>> Ah, good. I think it should go in.
>
> Uh, I may be misunderstanding here, but that patch looks like it
> changes that part of the test for test_uuid4 to stop calling uuid4
> and call uuid1 instead?

You misunderstand indeed: the chunk reads

-        for u in [uuid.uuid1() for i in range(1000)]:
+        for u in [uuid.uuid4() for i in range(1000)]:

so it currently calls uuid1, and will call uuid4 when patched.
test_uuid4 should have never failed, except that it uses uuid1
as the uniqueness test.

Regards,
Martin