[Python-Dev] 2.5 open issues

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 06:47:52 CEST 2006

[Georg Brandl]
>> As I posted here previously, I contacted the owner, and he said that he
>> didn't care about specifying a license. I guess that means that we can
>> pick one ;)

[Martin v. Löwis]
> Can you please ask whether he would be willing to fill out a contrib
> form (http://www.python.org/psf/contrib/contrib-form/)? Without
> some kind of explicit contribution, I hesitate to use it.

Me too, but stronger than hesitation.  Georg, if he doesn't sign a
contrib form, we have no legal right to distribute his work, or to
license Python's users to (re)distribute it either.  That's just the
way the world works.

Or if the fellow just doesn't want to bother picking the "initial
license" the contrib form requires, tell him to pick the Academic Free
License, Version 2.1.  Well, you should actually ask him to ask his
lawyer to decide that with him, but since I'm not on hallucinogens at
the moment, making the choice for him is the only thing that will work
in the real world -- it just has to look like it was his choice ;-)