[Python-Dev] Dropping __init__.py requirement for subpackages

Thomas Wouters thomas at python.org
Fri Apr 28 17:39:19 CEST 2006

On 4/28/06, Thomas Heller <theller at python.net> wrote:

> Would not another way be to make sure Modules is moved *behind* the
> setup.py build directory on sys.path?

Indeed! I hadn't realized that, although I might've if I'd been able to find
where Modules is put on sys.path. And, likewise, I would do as you suggest
(which feels like the right thing) if I could only find out where Modules is
put on sys.path :) I don't have time to search for it today nor, probably,
this weekend (which is a party weekend in the Netherlands.) I'll get to it
eventually, although a helpful hint from an old-timer who remembers as far
back as Modules/Setup would be welcome. :)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org>

spread!