[Python-Dev] traceback.py still broken in 2.5a2

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Apr 27 20:49:54 CEST 2006

At 11:38 AM 4/27/2006 -0700, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>The change below was rolled back because it broke other stuff. But IMO
>it is actually necessary to fix this,

Huh?  The change you showed wasn't reverted AFAICT; it's still on the trunk.

>  otherwise those few exceptions
>that don't derive from Exception won't be printed correctly by the
>traceback module:

It looks like the original change (not the change you listed) should've
been using "issubclass(etype, BaseException)".  (I only reverted the
removal of 'isinstance()', which was causing string exceptions to break.)

Anyway, looks like a four-letter fix (i.e. add "Base" there), unless there
was some other problem I'm missing?