[Python-Dev] Dropping __init__.py requirement for subpackages

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Thu Apr 27 10:06:05 CEST 2006

On Thursday 27 April 2006 17:47, Paul Moore wrote:
> FWIW, I still have every confidence in your judgement about
> features. However, I'd have to say that your timing sucks :-) Your
> initial message read to me as "Quick! I'm about to get lynched here
> - can I have the OK to shove this change in before a2 goes out?"
> (OK, 2.5 isn't feature frozen until a3, so maybe you only meant a3,
> but you clearly wanted a quick response).

Feature freeze is the day we release beta1. New features go in until
then - after that, not without approval and a general concensus that
the changes have a substantial cost/benefit for breaking the feature
freeze. Or if Guido gets Google developers parading him in effigy
around the office and needs to get them off his back. <wink>

Anthony