[Python-Dev] Dropping __init__.py requirement for subpackages

David Goodger goodger at python.org
Wed Apr 26 20:30:39 CEST 2006

Sounds a bit like the tail wagging the dog. I thought the Google geeks
were a smart bunch.

ISTM that something like Phillip Eby's code would be the most
expedient solution. I would add one extension: if a package directory
without an __init__.py file *is* encountered, an empty __init__.py
file should automatically be created (and perhaps even "svn add" or
equivalent called), and the code should loudly complain "Packages need
__init__.py files, noob!"
Add sound and light effects for extra credit.

--
David Goodger <http://python.net/~goodger>