[Python-Dev] what do you like about other trackers and what do you hate about SF?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 13:28:52 CEST 2006

Brett Cannon wrote:
> I am starting to hash out what the Call for Trackers is going to say
> on the Infrastructure mailing list.  Laura Creighton suggested we have
> a list of features that we would like to see and what we all hate
> about SF so as to provide some guidelines in terms of how to set up
> the test trackers that people try to sell us on.
>
> So, if you could, please reply to this message with ONE thing you have
> found in a tracker other than SF that you have liked (especially
> compared to SF) and ONE thing you dislike/hate about SF's tracker.  I
> will use the replies as a quick-and-dirty features list of stuff that
> we would like to see demonstrated in the test trackers.

A feature I can't recall seeing anywhere, but one I'd like:

   the ability to define a filter, and have the tracker email me when a new
bug is submitted that matches the filter (being able to create an RSS feed
based on a filter would be just as good)

Something that I dislike about SF:

   the fact that I can't use email to participate in a bug discussion, but
have to use SF's somewhat horrible web interface.

OK, I guess I slipped in another feature request with that second one ;)

Cheers,
Nick.