[Python-Dev] need info for externally maintained modules PEP

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Wed Apr 26 10:30:28 CEST 2006

Brett Cannon wrote:
> OK, I am going to write the PEP I proposed a week or so ago, listing
> all modules and packages within the stdlib that are maintained
> externally so we have a central place to go for contact info or where
> to report bugs on issues.  This should only apply to modules that want
> bugs reported outside of the Python tracker and have a separate dev
> track.  People who just use the Python repository as their mainline
> version can just be left out. [...]

I prefer to have bugs on the sqlite module reported in the pysqlite
tracker at http://pysqlite.org/ aka http://initd.org/tracker/pysqlite

For bug fixes I have the same position as Fredrik: security fixes, bugs
that block the build and warnings from automatic checkers should be done
through the Python repository and I will port them to the external version.

For any changes that reach "deeper" I'd like to have them handed over to me.

As it's unrealistic that all bugs are reported through the pysqlite
tracker, can it please be arranged that if somebody enters a SQLite
related bug through the Sourceforge tracker, that I get notified?
Perhaps by defining a category SQLite here and adding me as default
responsible, if that's possible on SF.

Currently I'm not subscribed to python-checkins and didn't see a need
to. Is there a need to for Python core developers? I think there's no
better way except subscribing and defining a filter for SQLite-related
commits to be notified if other people commit changes to the SQLite
module in Python?

It's not that I'm too lazy, but I'd like to keep the number of things I
need to monitor low.

-- Gerhard