[Python-Dev] draft of externally maintained packages PEP

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Wed Apr 26 04:06:14 CEST 2006

here is the rough draft of the PEP for packages maintained externally
from Python itself.  There is some missing, though, that I would like
help filling in.

I don't know who to list as the contact person (i.e., the Python
developer in charge of the code) for Expat, Optik or pysqlite.  I know
Greg Ward wrote Optik, but I don't know if he is still active at all
(I saw AMK's email on Greg being busy).  I also thought Gerhard
Haering was in charge of pysqlite, but he has never responded to any
emails about this topic.  Maybe the responsibility should go to
Anthony since I know he worked to get the package in and probably
cares about keeping it updated?  As for Expat (the parser), is that
Fred?

I also don't know what version of ctypes is in 2.5 .  Thomas, can you tell me?

Otherwise, I have cc:ed the people I do know who are in charge of some
packages.  Can you please look over your package information and let
me know if you want anything changed?

PEP: XXX
Title: Externally Maintained Packages
Version: $Revision: 43251 $
Last-Modified: $Date: 2006-03-23 06:28:55 -0800 (Thu, 23 Mar 2006) $