[Python-Dev] gettext.py bug #1448060

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Tue Apr 25 09:15:11 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 25 April à 01:24, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
> Sylvain Thénault wrote:
> > I've posted a patch (#1475523) for this and assigned it to Martin Von
> > Loewis since he was the core developper who has made some followup on
> > the original bug. Could someone (Martin or someone else) quick review
> > this patch ? I really need a fix for this, so if anyone feels my
> > patch is not correct, and explain why and what should be done, I can
> > rework on it.
>
> If you need quick patch, you should just go ahead and use it
> (unreviewed). It will take several more months until either Python 2.4.4
> or Python 2.5 is released.

yep, that's what I intend to do anyway... But I wish to contribute the
fix back so I can drop the overriden module asap (even if asap means in
a few months in that case), and I would feel better if the patch was
validated and checked in. But you're right that it doesn't have to be
done so quickly since I'll be stuck with my own patched module until an
official python release.

--
Sylvain Thénault                               LOGILAB, Paris (France).