[Python-Dev] With context, please

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Apr 22 18:05:35 CEST 2006

I've been following the with/context discussion, not that closely, but
reading all the posts.  I also have to write docs on this for Python for
Dummies, which I think is going to be the first book out after 2.5.  So
far, my take is that I want the block of code to be executed in a
context.  I'm probably going to use that terminology no matter what gets
decided here -- I think it's the only sensible way to describe it for
newcomers.  Aside from that, I don't care all that much.

(Actually, we just turned in the first draft, and I haven't talked about
context managers at all -- what I said was that EXPR returns a context.)

"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours."  --Richard Bach