[Python-Dev] [pypy-dev] Python Software Foundation seeks mentors and students for Google Summer of Code

Simon Wittber simonwittber at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 09:12:20 CEST 2006

On 4/20/06, Neal Norwitz <nnorwitz at gmail.com> wrote:
> This spring and summer, Google will again provide stipends
> for students (18+, undergraduate thru PhD programs) to write
> new open-source code.

<snip>

> People interested in mentoring a student though PSF are encouraged to
> contact me, Neal Norwitz at nnorwitz at gmail.com.  People unknown to Guido
> or myself should find a couple of people known within the Python community
> who are willing to act as references.

I (and my employer, Digital Ventures) are prepared to allocate a small
amount of time to mentor students who are working on any game or
multimedia related projects. As a company, this is a new area of
business development which we are investigating, and we are therefore
very keen to see Python develop further along these lines.

-Simon Wittber