[Python-Dev] magic in setuptools (Was: setuptools in the stdlib)

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Thu Apr 20 10:22:43 CEST 2006

On Thursday 20 April 2006 17:42, Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> 4. .egg files. -1

As far as I understand it, an egg file is just a zipimport format zip
file with some additional metadata. You can also install the egg
files in an unpacked way, if you prefer that. I don't understand the
objection here - it's no better or worse than countless packages in
site-packages, and if it gives us multiple versions of the same code,
all the better.