[Python-Dev] Raising objections

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Apr 20 10:02:06 CEST 2006

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> How much any of that could have also applied to the distutils at one
> time, I don't know.  My point is merely that setuptools has enough
> commercial value to make me believe that sponsorship for features
> shouldn't be that hard to come by, and there are certainly worse things
> I could do with my work days.

I'm glad to hear that you seem to be finding support for ongoing work
on setuptools (I'm *really* glad to hear that; it's always good when
people get funded to work on open source).

I'm also happy to hear that Neal wants to study the complete source
base of setuptools. Perhaps that means I won't have to :-)

Regards,
Martin