[Python-Dev] Raising objections

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Apr 19 09:43:04 CEST 2006

At 09:11 AM 4/19/2006 +0200, Walter Dörwald wrote:
>  With setuptools this doesn't work, because the package is distributed
> over multiple egg-directories. AFAICR setuptools has a solution for this,
> but only if the package __init__.py is empty (because setuptools
> generates it). But I'd like to put at least a useful docstring into this
> __init__.py.

Actually, I believe that recent versions of setuptools actually do support
your use case.  In fact, I seem to recall having emailed you once I got it
to work with your scenario, and you told me you'd already decided not to
use it.  But it's late at night now and I'm tired and should stop answering
these emails for now anyway.