[Python-Dev] PEP 359: The "make" Statement

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 19:29:48 CEST 2006

On 4/13/06, Travis Oliphant <oliphant.travis at ieee.org> wrote:
> Steven Bethard wrote:
> > I know 2.5's not out yet, but since I now have a PEP number, I'm going
> > to go ahead and post this for discussion.  Currently, the target
> > version is Python 2.6.  You can also see the PEP at:
> >     http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0359/
> >
> > Thanks in advance for the feedback!
>
> I generally like the idea.  A different name would be better.

I'm going to sidestep the keyword issue for the moment.  It's
basically a style decision, and I try to leave those to Guido.  Once
(if) people have agreed upon the statement semantics, then we can
discuss the keyword.

STeVe
--
Grammar am for people who can't think for myself.
        --- Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy