[Python-Dev] Preserving the blamelist

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Apr 12 09:55:31 CEST 2006

Tim Peters wrote:
> All the trunk buildbots started failing about 5 hours ago, in
> test_parser.  There have been enough checkins since then that the
> boundary between passing and failing is about to scroll off forever.

It's not lost, though; it's just not displayed anymore. It would be
possible to lengthen the waterfall from 12 hours to a larger period
of time.

> While I'm spreading guilt, a bunch of filepath-related tests started
> failing Monday on the "g4 osx.4 trunk" buildbot, but the blamelist for
> that one is long gone.

You can go back in time yourself, by editing the build number in

http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/trunk/g4%20osx.4%20trunk/builds/361

The builds from Monday are around 330. The first failure of test_filecmp
seems to have been in build 341, which has Georg (45259) and
Anthony (45261) on the blame list.

The failures might have nothing to with the changes, though: It appears
that some files are still left from earlier tests, and now the setUp
code fails because /tmp/dir already exists...

Regards,
Martin