[Python-Dev] segfault (double free?) when '''-string crosses line

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Apr 10 09:32:52 CEST 2006

Jean-François Piéronne wrote:
> I (and a few others guys) work on the VMS port,also, HP has publish in
> the VMS technical journal an article about Python on VMS.
> What do you need?

In the specific case: an answer to Tim Peter's question
(where is vms__StdioReadline, and how can its memory allocator be
changed, and why is it not checked into the Python source tree?)

>> I would have no concerns with breaking the VMS port. If it is broken,
>> we will either receive patches, or it stays broken.
>>

> Why, there is world outside Windows, I have concerns with breaking the
> VMS port, we can send patches but the last one was still on hold.

Basically because of lack of maintenance. Can you please remind me what
patch is still on hold? Searching for open patches with "VMS" in their
summary gives no matches.

Does Python 2.5a1 even build on VMS, out of the box (i.e. without
additional patches?)

Regards,
Martin