[Python-Dev] 2.5a1 Performance

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Apr 5 21:00:10 CEST 2006

Benji York wrote:
> I was thinking of "active" branches that there are buildbot slaves
> dedicated to (2.4 at the moment) and the trunk, but (as I mentioned)
> non-idleness pretty much kills that idea.  I wonder if the slaves that
> are known to be dedicated to running buildbot and nothing else could be
> flagged as such.

The problem is that even these could do different things simultaneously:
I still haven't figured out how to mutually lock out builders that are
on the same slave. This is a frequent thing to happen, as people often
check-in trunk and backported branch patches nearly simultaneously
(which is fine, of course - the machines just have to cater with that).

Regards,
Martin