[Python-Dev] current 2.5 status

Delaney, Timothy (Tim) tdelaney at avaya.com
Wed Apr 5 00:41:33 CEST 2006

Trent Mick wrote:

> I wonder if it would be possible to write a "reaper" script that used
> some combination of EnumWindows, SendKeys, the Performance Monitoring
> APIs (Pdh* function) and some elbow grease to click these crash
> dialogs away.

I've found for this type of thing AutoIt
<http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/> works well. An example that might
be applicable:

I've got an HTML bandwidth monitor I wrote that retrieves data from my
router and my ISP using XMLHTTP. Sometimes it takes a long time to come
back and the script pops up a dialog with "A script is making IE run
slow" (or something to that effect - forget the exact error message).

I've got an AutoIt script which waits until that windows appears, closes
it, closes the bandwidth monitor, starts it back up, then goes back to
waiting. The script is about 10 lines long.

AutoIt scripts can also be saved (and redistributed) as a standalone app
(approx 120kB in size). So part of setting up a Windows buildbot slave
could be to add such a script to run at startup.

However, if there's some way of doing it without installing extra stuff
on the slave, that would be preferable.

Tim Delaney