[Python-Dev] Twisted and Python 2.5a0r43587

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Apr 4 08:37:38 CEST 2006

Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> Once I do have time to track down specifics, I'll file tickets as
> appropriate.  For now I just wanted to point out the one detail I
> have tracked down, and give a heads up that there are likely some
> more to come.
>
> Of course anyone who is interested can run the Twisted test suite
> very easily and take a look at the failures themselves (if you have
> Twisted installed, "trial twisted" will do it).

I think most of us would appreciate if you could file bug reports,
or (even better) propose patches; the hope is certainly that more
people start looking into compatibility of 2.5 after the first
alpha is released. I would personally expect that the best feedback
comes from people maintaining a large Python package or application,
such as Twisted.

Each of the incompatibilities might include tricky issues, where
we have to find out whether Python is wrong for changing it, or
the application is wrong for expecting things to behave exactly
this way (or nobody is wrong, if this was an intentional breakage).

Regards,
Martin