[Python-Dev] list splicing

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Mon Sep 19 22:47:51 CEST 2005

On Monday 19 September 2005 16:36, Michael Chermside wrote:
 > I'd just like to point out that this is a FRF (Frequently Requested
 > Feature). I'm not arguing in favor of it, just pointing out that
 > using "star unpacking" in tuple and list literals is an idea that
 > I'm sure I've seen proposed at least a couple of times before.

Indeed, "star unpacking" has been brought up many times; I think it would be
really cool myself.  (Regardless of whether it's the best use of development
effort; that would be up to the contributor.)

I haven't seen "star packing" proposed before, as best as I can recall.
That's what strikes me as different in this discussion.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.   <fdrake at acm.org>