[Python-Dev] Replacement for print in Python 3.0

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 02:03:46 CEST 2005

Bill Janssen wrote:
> So here's the summary of the arguments against: two style points
> (trailing comma and >>stream) (from the man who approved the current
> decorator syntax!), and it's hard to extend.  (By the way, I agree that
> the ">>" syntax is ugly, and IMO a bad idea in general.  Shame the "@"
> wasn't used instead. :-)
>
> Seems pretty weak to me.  Are there other args against?

Did you see Nick Coghlan's post?
    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2005-September/056076.html
I found his arguments to be reasonably compelling.

BTW, the implementation he refers to in this post is at:
    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2005-September/056075.html
and the updated version is at:
    http://wiki.python.org/moin/PrintAsFunction

STeVe
--
You can wordify anything if you just verb it.
        --- Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy