[Python-Dev] Replacement for print in Python 3.0

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Sep 2 21:22:43 CEST 2005

Tim Peters wrote:
> [Paul F. Dubois]
>
>>Remove the print statement....I laughed until my sides hurt. Hello? Try
>>dating girls and talking to normal people, geek boys.
[...]
> Providing entertainment for retirees is one of the PSF's missions.  I
> wonder whether we could get AARP to kick back $10 to the PSF for each
> of their members?  For 350 million dollars a year, I'll be happy to
> maintain a parallel P3K with a "print" statement until I die.

No you wouldn't, that's a lie (whether you know it or not).

With that kind of money at your disposal you would soon realise there's
more to life than writing software and smoking by the office door. You
might even start smoking things other than tobacco.

Maintaining software would become a tedious drudge, you would be
stultified by the obligation to do it, and be driven to suicide by the
enforced interactions with the other developers who had nothing but
scorn for the lowly print statement.

On the other hand, with that kind of money you could probably hire
enough geeks to do the maintenance for you.

first-in-line-for-the-job-ly y'rs  - steve

PS: For what little it's worth I'd keep print too.
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/